Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

The art of contouring- My re-edit due to deleting by accident




Okay so I accidentally deleted all my blog entries HOW I don't know!!!! I'm going to try and re-do them as best I can. 

This one is about contouring and highlighting. I have always said since Kim kardashian posted the picture of her face with all these lines in different colours the makeup world went crazy!!! 

Now to get the Kim kardashian look there's no wrong or right way in doing it. Some contour with powder some do it with foundation. It's up to you and what you feel comfortable with. 

Today my tools are: 

Primer
Prep n prime stick by Mac in lightboost 
Concealer pallet 
Studio fix fluid by Mac 
Sleek contour pallet 
Soft n gentle by Mac 
Rimmel stay Matt powder 
Real technique stippling brush 

Okay so some people put foundation on first then contour and others do the contour first then foundation it just depends up to you on what you find best. 

First things first I prime my face!! 

I then start with the highlight. I apply this under my eyes, cheeks, nose, Cupid's bow, under eyebrows, forehead and chin. In my picture that is the lighter colour. To highlights I used my prep n prime stick by Mac. Your highlighter has to be at least two shades lighter than your skin tone. 

I then use my concealer pallet to contour. I got my pallet from ebay it has about 8 light-dark colours. I used the third darkest and put it under my cheekbones, on the edge of nose leading to eyebrows, jawline and temples. In my picture that is the dark brown you can see. The contour has to be at least two shades darker than your skin tone. 

I then use my Mac studio fix fluid and put abit on my stippling brush. Working from jawline into my face I blend all the colours together. 

Once complete I take my sleek contour pallet which includes a brown powder, highlighting powder and blusher. I apply the brown onto the parts you contoured and blend in. You can use bronzing powder to do this. 

This but is optional. I then take my mac soft n gentle and apply on my cheekbones to create more definition. 

I then apply my blusher from my sleek pallet on to the apples of my cheeks. To finish my look I set with rimmel stay matte powder on my forehead and chin. 

I hoped this helped as much as my previous blog on this. I'm sooo sorry for all this I will try upload some tomorrow :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment